According to Elton John, all Taiwanese are "rude, vile pigs".
Brian Waldman
2004-09-24 11:56:39 UTC
According to Elton John, all Taiwanese are "rude, vile pigs".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3685186.stm

I wonder how much of what Elton said is true ?
Jim Walsh
2004-09-24 13:13:10 UTC
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 04:56:39 -0700, Brian Waldman thought carefully and
Post by Brian Waldman
According to Elton John, all Taiwanese are "rude, vile pigs".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3685186.stm
I wonder how much of what Elton said is true ?
Elton John said that some reporters and photographers who ganged up on
him in a normally private area of CKS International Airport were rude,
vile pigs.

From descriptions of the event, I agree with him.

You are a "rude, vile pig" for intentionally misquoting him.
--
Love, Jim

Drydem
2004-09-25 19:57:24 UTC
Post by Brian Waldman
According to Elton John, all Taiwanese are "rude, vile pigs".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3685186.stm
I wonder how much of what Elton said is true ?
Elton John said that some reporters and photographers who ganged up on
him in a normally private area of CKS International Airport were rude,
vile pigs.
From descriptions of the event, I agree with him.
You are a "rude, vile pig" for intentionally misquoting him.
Maybe Mr Waldman's misquoting was not intentional
and that it was a product of poor comprehension skill?
Jim Walsh
2004-09-25 20:16:12 UTC
Post by Brian Waldman
According to Elton John, all Taiwanese are "rude, vile pigs".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3685186.stm
I wonder how much of what Elton said is true ?
Elton John said that some reporters and photographers who ganged up on
him in a normally private area of CKS International Airport were rude,
vile pigs.
From descriptions of the event, I agree with him.
You are a "rude, vile pig" for intentionally misquoting him.
Maybe Mr Waldman's misquoting was not intentional
and that it was a product of poor comprehension skill?
Well, it is slightly possible, in which case I unreservedly apologize.
Ignorance could be a valid excuse.
--
Love, Jim

PeterL
2004-09-24 16:00:50 UTC
Post by Brian Waldman
According to Elton John, all Taiwanese are "rude, vile pigs".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3685186.stm
I wonder how much of what Elton said is true ?
If everyone in Taiwan is a photographer.

British pop star Sir Elton John launched a furious verbal attack on a group
of photographers in Taiwan, branding them as "rude, vile pigs".
Bill Moore
2004-09-24 17:26:38 UTC
Post by Brian Waldman
According to Elton John, all Taiwanese are "rude, vile pigs".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3685186.stm
I wonder how much of what Elton said is true ?
More to the point, what you said *isn't* true.

Next.
Drydem
2004-09-25 19:51:24 UTC
Post by Brian Waldman
According to Elton John, all Taiwanese are "rude, vile pigs".
Your statement is false.
Sir John's remarks were referencing the
photographers/TV crews that met him at the Taiwan Airport.
The story that you've refer to below indicates that...

Sir Elton lashes out at airport.
BBC News. Thur 23 Sept 2004
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3685186.stm
Chiang Kai-Shek Airport in Taiwan "Rude, vile pigs." Sir John
who had recently performed in Shanghai and Hong Kong had
arrived in a private jet to perform a concert at Taipei's
Chung Shan Stadium. His spokeswoman said he was "besieged
by hordes of photograhers and live TV crews, intent upon
disrupting his progress" and that the "security at the
airport failed to protect" him.
Yangie
2004-09-24 17:44:11 UTC
Dont hate taiwan ;-(
jclynn
2004-09-28 02:35:47 UTC
about time to teach notorious taiwan media a lesson!
well done! sir john! though it costed much of your name to do it.
Post by Yangie
Dont hate taiwan ;-(
Chanban
2004-09-30 15:50:56 UTC
Post by Brian Waldman
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3685186.stm
He was referring to the photographers. People like them did kill Princess
Diana and Elton probably isn't too fond of them either.
jabba
2004-10-01 11:57:14 UTC
Post by Chanban
Post by Brian Waldman
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3685186.stm
He was referring to the photographers. People like them did kill Princess
Diana and Elton probably isn't too fond of them either.
Hahahaha
I am glad princess die is dead
Who the fvck likes elton john the fag anyway
v***@gmail.com
2015-05-28 05:04:49 UTC
Post by Brian Waldman
According to Elton John, all Taiwanese are "rude, vile pigs".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3685186.stm
I wonder how much of what Elton said is true ?
I LOVE Taiwan, but I prefer China